Remaining Covid Safe
Please take time to read our Covid protocols we have in place to keep you Covid Safe within our Churches.
We continue to follow the latest guidelines set out by The Government and The Church of England and as we have all learnt over the last few months the dynamics of this virus is that situations and protocols can change last minute. Whilst we will do our best to keep you informed of any changes, please be patient with us if it hasn’t been possible to give prior notice of cancellations or changes.
Throughout our services we respectfully ask that you follow the Covid Safe protocols outlined below.
Covid Safe Procedures
The following are the latest Covid Safe procedures we will be following in our churches, following Government guidelines.
- Social Distancing
- Currently in the UK social distancing remains at 2 meters apart between individuals or household bubbles
- This does mean on some occasions the number of people we can accommodate within our churches and churchyards is restricted to maintain the 2 meter distance.
- Face Coverings
- We ask that face coverings be worn
- Covid Hygiene
- Washing hands thoroughly with soap and water for approximately 20 seconds, or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser (60% alcohol minimum).
- Self-isolating & Vulnerable people
- If you are self-isolating or clinically vulnerable we strongly advise that you refrain from putting yourself at risk, however should you feel that you need to attend a service we would ask that you follow the Covid guidelines.
- Track and Trace
- We will ask you to leave your contact details with us, which we will hold confidentially in a locked cabinet for 21 days. Should we be informed of a Covid outbreak within those 21 days we will make contact to advise you. This will be by a member of our ministry team or Nina Kingsley, Personal Assistant to Revd. Ian Hill. After 21 days in accordance with the guidelines we will destroy your contact details in an appropriate manner.
- For those with the NHS Covid 19 Track and Trace app on your mobile phones we have a QR code displayed at each church for you to scan.
- If you would like to sing hymns with us, then you can join us via Zoom and sing along at home!
- Prayers & response
- Repeating the Lords Prayer and responses must be made in a quiet voice.
Sunday Church Services
Our Sunday services are being alternated between St Mary’s Aspenden, St Peter’s Buntingford and St Mary the Virgin Westmill. (Please check our calendar to find out when and where our next service is being held).
We are unable to make physical contact by shaking hands during the peace to ensure we are Covid Safe compliant and therefore ask that you acknowledge each other with a smile and a wave to others or nod of the head.
We ask that you remain in your pew but stand (if possible). The minister will sanitise their hands and wear a face covering before approaching you with an individual wafer which will be dropped into your hands.
Only the minister will take the wine.
Please be assured that the minister will explain this at the beginning of each service.
Weddings, Baptisms, Funerals and Interment of Ashes are an important part of our lives and those we share with family and friends.
We will continue to follow the latest guidelines set out by the Government for these important events and based on our individual churches own capacity whilst keeping Covid Safe, therefore the number of guests will be limited to comply with these guidelines. In some cases we may not be able to meet with the legal maximum numbers due to physical space within our premises.
For our full comprehensive protocols for each service and life event please contact the United Benefice Office who will be able to assist you further.
Thank you for your time and patience during these unprecedented times.
Keep safe and well.